Pages

Sunday, January 8, 2012

My Scrapbook Nook crop: Challenge #1

And the Nook crop is up!

The first challenge is to create a layout in 10 specified steps:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Supplies: 
Cardstock 12*12
3 different patterned papers
a tag or journalling card.
Ribbon
a chipboard embellishment
a sticker
banners (ready made or you can make them yourself)
flowers
thickers / alphabet
border punch
pen for journalling
photo (no larger than 4''*3'')


Step 1: In patterned paper (pp) 1 cut out two small strips measuring 12''* ¼'' and adhere to 2 of the four borders (you choose!!)
Step 2: In pp 2 cut out two other small strips measuring 12''* ¼'' and adhere to 2 of the 4 borders (you choose!!) 
Step 3: In pp 3 : cut out a rectangle measuring 5''*3.5'', place on your cardstock (don't stick it down just yet).
Step 4: Add your journalling card / tag to the rectangle.
Step 5: Cut out 2 strips of pp (which ever you like) size: 3.5''*1'' (you can use your border punch on them!) and add them by slipping them underneath the rectangle. You can glue everything down now! 
Step 6: Place your photo on the cluster element rectangle-journalling card/tag-border strips.
Step 7: Add your banners (I made three tiny ones)
Step 8: Add your sticker
Step 9: Add your flowers
Step 10: Add your title


The only additional things you may add are: journalling and mists/inks! 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------


Fun, huh? :-) I loved this challenge!

This is my take:


The layout is about my big dream - to one day design for My Scrapbook Nook and for at least one manufacturer. I do call it "dream BIG" so please don't laugh at me ;-) I had a 4 months long guest design spot at the the Nook and that was the best thing I have ever done! Love that place!


The papers are Echo Park Times&Seasons. Love the rich colors! I have added yellow as accent and I really like how it turned out. :-)

Thanks for looking!

6 comments:

Maja/eyovine said...

Supersnyggt =) Jag hakade inte på den utmaningen... gillar inte att vara så styrd ;). Men du gjorde det med bravur!

Kramiz Maja

Karolina/karehed said...

Kul att du är tillbaka! Grattis till det nya jobbet!

Vilken snygg LO du gjort. Gillar verkligen hur texten är placerad vid kanten! :-)

Linda - träningsbloggen said...

Så himla läckert layout! Love it!

I'm just a simple gal said...

Lovely layout!!

LG said...

WOW this is amazing!!!!

Jona Panesa said...

awesome!!! youi'll get there! I dream to design for My scrapbook nook too someday! your work is gorgeous.

we just have to keep trying right?