Pages

Monday, January 23, 2012

Not a good start...

...of the week.

I've been feeling really nauseous today. I don't want you to leave just yet, so I'll spare you the details. Jumping over to something nice instead. Something like... a new layout to share, maybe? Does that sound better than norovirus? I thought so :-)

Here it comes.


This is my first Christmas(ish) layout this year. I am afraid it could be the last one as well. Don't feel like scrapping about Christmas, but at the same time I feel like I have to. I should probably at least make some kind of a Holiday collage before Easter bunny comes knocking on my door. No well... some other time... maybe...

I made this layout for My Scrapbook Nook crop, challenge #6: "Embellish it!". The challenge is hosted by one of my huge idols, super talented Stacey Michaud. I am not surprised I loved it :-) This was the rules:

1. Create a top ten embellishment list for yourself. Make a layout that incorporates at least 3 of them....wait, that would be to easy. Here is the challenge. 

2. Use one embellishment (or more) in a different way than intended! Be creative!

3. Alter an embellishment in some way! Stamp on a ribbon, use glitter...just make that embellishment yours!

4. Mix up the title with different types of alphabets!

This challenge was right up my alley! I love experimenting with embellishments. So what did I do then? Well, as you can see I used a lot of different embellishments; I used several chipboard elements, buttons, twine, rub-on, stickers and some bling. For #2 I used a chipboard element as a photo mat. I wanted to add some dimension to my photo group. For #3 I played a little with the clock rub-on. I placed a red ring sticker underneath to make the clock pop, to make it mine.


And the title is mixed up. This is also something I often do, even when not requested by Stacey :-)


And yet another close up just because it's fun...


The collection is Crate Paper Peppermint (really cute!) and the layout is about 2011 St. Lucia celebration. Linnea was so happy, so excited this year. The pictures are taken in our hallway, early in the morning, just a second before we headed off to her preschool to enjoy the ceremony.

Hope your Monday is better than mine! 
Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

teacher jessy said...

Such a fun and beautiful layout!! I love it!!

Monique Liedtke said...

I think your blog looks great!! am thinking of changing my blog too, so thanks for sharing where you found what (on the Nook board, I mean).
This layout of yours is absolutely gorgeous!! and the photos are absolutely adorable!!

Anna Sigga said...

I am so in love with your layout Alex - so fun and colorful!

Andrea Amu said...

Ohh, Alex! Such a fun layout packed with fabulous detail! I so love the twine twisted into a heart!