Pages

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Discover Heaven

...in Paris.

I was in Paris in September, together with my mom and my sister. My sister is the one in our family who is crazy about France and especially about Paris. After seeing Paris with two of my favorite girls, I am starting to understand her love. It's beautiful. And there is so much to see! We could travel to Paris every single year and always find something new to discover.

My sister not only loves Paris, but she looooooves to organize the whole trip (and I love her for that!) Sometimes it was hard keeping up with all the places we were supposed to visit in 3 days :-) The photo I've scrapped was taken on one of our short breaks. You see, even if we were not out there exploring the streets of Paris, we were talking, breathing, laughing and reading about the most amazing city of love.

I made this layout for Crate's February Color Challenge.


The color pallet for this month is: Peachy Pink, Tropical Coral and Misty Grey.



I pulled out some old Emma's Shoppe and Portrait to play with. I just couldn't resist picking up the color of my pants (and my nails!) and adding a tiny little blue accent to the layout.



I love this little bird! I've had it for years but I never really found the right place for it. But now, it has finally found a new home! :-) Sweet little bird, you are too pretty to spend your life laying in a box...


For some reason, I always get a little bit nervous when I pull out Crate papers. I love them so much that I kind of get afraid that I won't be able to do them justice. Even if I like how this layout turned out, I am not 100% satisfied. Must be because Crate (in my opinion) has the best DT in the world. Those girls can do some real magic with these papers. And once I've seen their work... well... my own always feels mediocre  no matter how hard I've worked with it. But the good thing - it makes me wanna work even harder and get better than I am today ;-)

Thanks for stopping by and for all the love you are leaving behind you! It means a lot to me!
Hugs!

7 comments:

Zarah said...

Very pretty!!
(And I love Paris, too! :))

Nenne said...

Helt underbart! medioker är det sista man tänker på vännen :)

Färgerna är perfekta och den fina ramen - cool!

Kaori Fujimoto said...

Fabulous layout! Great use of the colors!!

Maja Stokk / eyovine said...

Svår färgkombo som du gör så bra! Gillar alla små fjärilar, snöret och remsorna med text =)

Kramiz Maja

Cattis said...

Håller med Maja!!! Du är ju så otroligt duktig!! =) Läckert!!

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Amazing!!! Love this! Those stripes are so Parisian! Oh I'd love to go to Paris one day!!! :D I really love your layout - your use of twine is gorgeous and that bird is super cute! Everything rocks!!! :D

Jona Panesa said...

i would love to see Paris someday. its my dream destination!!! loved this page. actually, I love all your pages.