Pages

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

One of the hardest things I know

...is to see my daughter sick. Unfortunately, that's something I get to do pretty often. I took this picture of her last week when she was ill (yes, she is finally better now!) and I simply had to make a layout about it. This time with focus on journaling.


I have used the old November kit from My Scrapbook Nook. The kit was featuring Echo Park Times & Seasons. Like before, I've used a little bit of Crate Paper Emma's Shoppe to add a touch of pink. 



I really like how this one turned out. But it took me sooooo long to put it together!!! I don't get it. I couldn't stop adding the cut out doilies. I started with three. I always do. But I simply can't stop there! Ooonly one more... I did the same thing with little stars on my Bookworm layout, and with tiny flags on my Playmo layout and with the buttons on my layout about Leah... yep, I think that's my thing right now - repeating "randomly" placed elements. The only problem - there is nothing random about it! It takes me hours (!) to get happy with the so called randomness. Getting tired of myself... :-)

Have a lovely Wednesday my dear scrappy friends!
Thanks for peeking in!

8 comments:

Zarah said...

Suuuperduuuuper COOL!

Jody said...

I love that you used the negative part of the punched out paper...it looks great with the ledger paper behind it! And that touch of pink is perfect for this layout. Although I can't read your journalling, I'm sure it is beautiful and very meaningful. Great job!

Ann Cicilie said...

For en skjønn layout! Jeg synes det var så flott med all journalingen her, og for et søtt bilde av din lille pjusk <3 Det der med å plassere ting random ja... Det kan jo ta flere timer!

Chantal Vandenberg said...

So glad she's much better now! This is such an important memory to scrap! Love the colours you've used and the lovely design, allowing lots of wonderful room for journalling! :D

Danielle said...

Love how you did so much journaling and still added so many beautiful details to your page! Gorgeous layout.

Katja Schneider said...

Hi Alex, I love your style and have given you a 'Liebster Blog Award'. Check it out on my blog and spread the love:)

Angel Johns said...

I love how you focused on journaling!! This layout is awesome. New follower of your blog!

Angel

Sam Wright said...

beautiful and alot of journaling which i love but struggle with myself!