Pages

Friday, February 10, 2012

Sasparilla Miracle

Meet Leah.

She is my youngest niece. Our little miracle. She scared us all when she was in her mom's belly. She taught me what a precious gift life is. I am so grateful to have her. I am grateful that I am able to see her grow, to get to know her. I am grateful for being blessed with this huge love I feel for her.


I made a pocket behind the photo to hold my journaling. I also stamped an arrow on the journaling card (in case I forget that I am supposed to pull it out ;-) )


I chose to place my title in two opposite corners of the layout. I used "A" from the Sasparilla Flower Sack to make it more interesting.



Aaaaaand just one more closeup, it's the last one - I promise! :-) I punched these large butterflies with a Martha Stewart punch all over the page punch. Being able to punch wherever you want instead of only at the edges opens up for so many new possibilities! I love it!


So, did you notice that I have distressed my edges with the distress ink? Hihi! I have finally ordered a few! This beautiful red color is called Barn Door. I love it! I have also stamped and splattered some turquoise mist along the edges. Fun, fun, fun! This layout is just perfect for the Nook challenge #10.

Now to something else, but just as fun! Marinette and Lilith both gave me this award. I look up to these two ladies and I admire their work. I guess you can imagine how good it feels to get this award from them! Thank you ladies for making me happy! Be sure to check out their blogs 'cause they are seriously amazing! 


So, what is this award about? (I wondered the same thing! :-)) It's pretty simple. The idea of Liebster award is to bring attention to blogs with fewer than 200 followers.

One of the conditions in accepting the award is to pass it along to five more blogs (or 6 if you can't narrow it down). For those interested, the Rules are:

1. Show your thanks to the blogger who gave you the award by linking back to them.
2. Reveal your five picks for the award and let them know.
3. Post the award on your blog.
4. Bask in the love from the most supportive people on the blogshare-other bloggers.
5. Finally and the best rule of all..........have fun and spread the love! 

So, these are some of my favorite blogs and I'll be more than happy to share my love with you. Take a minute and visit them. I promise you, you won't regret it.


Have fun visiting these super talented ladies!

This must be one my longest posts ever :-) Thanks for reading it! 
Happy Friday my friends! 

7 comments:

Laurence said...

Congrats for the award ! Very cute LO, it's lovely !

Maja Stokk / eyovine said...

Thanks so sweet of U Alex =) LIke your layout. Love what you did with the title and how you used all the buttons.

Trevlig helg!!

Kramiz Maja

Pam said...

Thank you sweet lady!!

I adore your layout...loving the butterflies and how you did her name with the "a"! So clever!

Sherri said...

What a playfully fun layout Alex. Perfect for the challenge indeed.

Nenne said...

Men ÅHHH - du är ju bara bäst gumman, du får inte ta så här långa pauser fler gånger, hör du det? *ser arg ut*

Du är en sådan inspirationskälla, inte bara för mig utan för så många andra och du är verkligen värd din award! Tusen tack för att du skickar den vidare till mig!

Stor kram och trevlig helg!

Carol said...

thanks for mentioning me ;)
i'm so glad you are back to scrapping....you are ahhhhmazing!!!!!

Shellye said...

Beautiful blog...love your work! Coming by way of Lilith's blog...congrats on the award :)