Pages

Monday, February 6, 2012

Summer Memories

I love the inspiration blog Get Picky! They have challenges for multiphoto layouts, which suits me perfectly.  Yet, I have never created a single layout for them! Now, that is about to change...

When I saw their January challenge about holiday memories, I instantly knew which photos I wanted to scrap. These photos are from our first morning on Gran Canaria. Linnea was so excited that she couldn't wait for the sun to show. We went to the beach early in the morning, just to check it out and collect shells. Something that turned out to be our first early (and pretty cold!) morning bath.


I have used Lily Bee Head over Heels featured in My Scrapbook Nook January kit. 


I feel like I am in a dangerous period right now. I love experimenting! I guess that is a good thing, but sometimes it can result in a catastrophe. I tried to play with paint on the first edition of this layout which resulted in... well... a second edition :-) I had to start all over. The worst part - the layout was almost finished when I got that last (stupid) idea :-D But I did use both mists and stamps on this one, which is not something I often do. So I guess that my experimental side feels satisfied any way ;-) 

Wishing you all a great new week! 
Thanks for stopping by!

19 comments:

LG said...

amazing title work here! I will definitely borrow that idea!

Marinette said...

Experimentation is a good idea;) Great use of ink and mist! Love it♥

Sherri said...

What a fabulous result. We can't learn and grow if we don't try. Messing up is an important part of the journey. Now if only I'd remember that when I feel like I've failed :) Gorgeous layout Alex.

Anonymous said...

Ännu en snygg layout från min pappersvän! :) Glad att du vågar experimentera. Gillar särskilt kontrasten mellan det stora vita ytan mot det småmönstriga och den böljande konturen av titeln mot denna vita bakgrund som olika stadier av en soluppgång. Kram /J

Sarah said...

O I really love your take on this layout. The pictures are super-cute too :) Thanks for visiting my blog :)

Danielle said...

Love the lilybee with the white cardstock. Great job on using the challenge!

Hilde/Scoobie said...

Åhhh så fin. Den ser så sommerlig og fresh ut!

Kate Vickers said...

Great layout! Love it!

Fleursbydesign said...

Cute layout I love how it turned out with the stamping and mists :)

Kaori Fujimoto said...

Beautiful layout:0)!
I love the colors and adorable pictures!

Zarah said...

It's LOVELY, Alex!

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Oh my goodness! I LOVE your page!!! How awesome! Love how you have layered the title like that!
Thanks so much for playing along with us at Get Picky!!! :D

Cattis said...

Vilken fantastisk layout!!! Gillar allt på denna!!

Carol said...

i love this layout!
it's so pretty ;)

Anna Sigga said...

this is so gorgeous - love it!

Leanne said...

Wow!!! Stunning!! LOve this LO. Thanks for playing with us at Get Picky..x

Tanya said...

this is an amazing layout, Alex! Thanks so much for playing along and hope to see you joining in again :)

Laurence said...

It's beautiful ! Yeah, catastrophe arrives at the end, usually, lol ! I'm curious, I'd like to see your first edition !

Gina said...

just gorgeous Alex!..and congrats again :) Gx