Pages

Monday, March 26, 2012

I am back!

With a layout! :-)

My plan was to share some pictures from our vacation today, but I just couldn't resist scrappin'. So, instead of editing photos I spent time playing with pretty papers. I've been missing them so!

I admit, I have to take back everything I said about spending the first days of Spring skiing. It was awesome! We had a blast! The weather was perfect with lot of sun and almost no wind. I even got my first tan for this year. Only in my face and with a white line on top of my forehead, but still, a tan is a tan :-) The best part was to see that big smile on Linnea's face. This was her first ski vacation and I am so happy that she enjoyed it. We signed her up for lessons in the Ski School and she loved it! I have to share at least one photo so you can see her. She was so happy and so proud :-)


When she wasn't at the school, she was skiing together with her dad wearing one of those ski harness for kids. She was so cute, singing most of the time (I am not surprised)! My favorite memory is when she was not only singing but actually doing "Head and shoulders, knees and toes" heading down the slopes LOL 

Now to the layout! I used the March kit from My Scrapbook Nook to play along on the Nook board. Every month there is a sketch challenge where you can win a guest design spot at the Nook. This month I wanted to give it a chance. Here is how the sketch looked like:


And here is my take on it:


I love this photo of Linnea. I am so happy that I managed to catch her passion when she was dancing (which she does a lot!). The March kit features My Mind's Eye Miss Caroline Dolled Up collection. So lovely ♥ I used a rub-on on this huge wooden butterfly and then placed my title on it.


Phew! It felt good to get some scrap energy out of my system! :-) I hope you like the result!
Thank you so much for taking your time to stop by!

11 comments:

Zarah said...

LOVE that shot of your princess, she is TOO precious for words! ANd you hd me LITERALLY LOLing at the "Head and shoulders-song/dance". Awesome!!

Great LO, too, as always. Och varför skriver jag på engelska...??! ;)
Kram!

Lilith Eeckels said...

AMazing work and I'm so glad you had a wonderful time.

alexandra s.m. said...

Hi alex,

Welcome back to real life ;o)
Isn't it strange that I don't know you and yet I missed you?!
I know, I'm crazy! but reading your post is wonderful and your Linnea ( beautiful name by the way, makes me think of Claude Monet) makes me think of my Lily! A very happy and vibrant personality!
Your page captures just that, it's so well balanced, vibrant, sweet and yet very contemporary! I love the design and the way you interpreted that sketch.

Bravo alex!!

danni reid. said...

so happy you are back, had a wonderful time, and are scrapping again, love your page my friend, just gorgeous♥

yyam said...

This page is really beautiful. You have such a soft elegant style Alex. I love the mix of papers, the carefully placed embellishments in a perfectly balanced layout.

P/s: I've never tried skiing before...but she looks cute in her outfit!

Lene said...

amazing layout ! I love it!

Marinette said...

Amazing! I love love your layout! Love the bright colors and how you used the wood butterfly! Fantastic my friend♥

Chris_P said...

Superfin layout!!

Mag said...

So soft !!
Gorgeous page !

Valérie said...

J'adore cette page! Elle est douce...
Le papillon est superbe!
Bravo
a bientôt,

PrinzessinN said...

So beautiful!