Pages

Thursday, March 15, 2012

I Simply Enjoy You

There are days when I wish Linnea could remain my little baby girl forever. But on the other hand, I love seeing her grow and the older she gets, the more fun we have together.

This lovely winter day we took a trip to Mälaren, the third largest lake in Sweden. We are fortune enough to have this beautiful place just around the corner. The lake was so quite and peaceful. It was really cold sitting there next to the water, but luckily we had hot chocolate with us to keep us warm :-) I love those moments. Moments when I actually get a chance to take a snapshot of my life, take a good look at it and remind my self how lucky I am; moments when I simply enjoy my family.


I made this layout inspired by a Lily Bee sketch. At first glance the layout looks nothing like the sketch, but let me explain it to you :-) Okay, here is the sketch:


Now, flip the sketch so that you have your photos at the bottom. Then take one large photo instead of three small ones. Make scalloped edges inspired by those scalloped stripes in the sketch. Switch circles for hearts. Place title to the left above your photos. Add an element on the left side of the upper edge. There you go, you have a base inspired by the sketch. Can you see it now? I added couple of things to make it mine, but that's part of the game :-)

The hearts are hand-drown using a chipboard negative as a template. I painted one of the hearts using a brush and some mist. It is hard to see but it's all cute and shimmery :-)


I had this lovely layered Prima flower, but I never know how to use big flowers on my layouts. To make it more my style I removed the center and cut it in half (sorry all flower lovers!). 


I hope you like this one. I am pretty happy with it, but it could be because I am in love with that photo of us. I could have used nothing but plain white cardstock with it, and I would probably still love the result :-)

Thank you so much for taking your time to stop by! I LOVE all the sweet comments you are leaving behind you. They make me wanna keep scrappin' forever and ever and ever... 

EDIT: I forgot to add that I have used Lily Bee Picket Fence collection to create this layout. I am playing with the things I have in my stash while waiting for the new lovely lines to reach my mailbox :-)

20 comments:

Marinette said...

What a cute layout and a great picture! love the sentiment on the photo! That's perfect my friend♥

Sam Wright said...

Very pretty.

Denise Price said...

Great job with the Lily Bee sketch--I definitely see the sketch in your design, even though you "made it your own." I love your misting, too--the drips look like falling snow, which is perfect for this winter page.

Rachael Funnell said...

Well! A GORGEOUS layout always starts with a GORGEOUS photo....
This is just Brilliant Alex!!

Stacey Michaud said...

oh, this is the sweewest! that photo...swoon!

I'm just a simple gal said...

oh wow... this is breath-takingly beautiful!

alexandra s.m. said...

Hi alex!

Love your pages and your style!
Thanks for sharing

Greetings from Chicago~

Shannon91 said...

Whaou, so cute !!! i love this photo xxl ... plein de tendresse !
Bizz

Zarah said...

Ursnyggt! Och jag kan ABSOLUT se skissen! :D

Pam said...

soooo beautiful. I can totally see the sketch;)

i adore that photo, it is so sweet! what a moment!!

Fleursbydesign said...

Very pretty picture and layout :)

Steph Lee (Arty Carty) said...

It looks gorgeous without flowers!! and I love your stamping too!

scrappin_in_AK said...

love the photo and stamped sentiment

pruts said...

I'm in love with this lo. soooooooo beautiful. I love what you did with the flower :-)

Elena Stefanidou said...

I love this layout.The colors,the stamping,the pic,the big flowers all of it.

Maja Stokk / eyovine said...

Ah helt underbar Alex =) Så stämningsfullt och fint... Du e bäst!

Kramiz Maja

Home sweet home said...

Nyydelig og flott Layout du har gjort.
Flott arbeid.Klem

Sherri said...

I could see it, even with out you explaining it to me :) It's gorgeous as always Alex!

agnelia said...

Så fin LO och så vackert foto!

Evelin said...

Alex, I am featuring your layout on Paper Issues today! I love your layout! Hugs!