Pages

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Looking Forward

My sweet friend Danni posted a challenge on October Afternoon's blog that got me going the second I read it. Don't you just love it when it happens?

The challenge is to make a layout (or card) using one of Dr. Seuss quotes. I chose the quote: "Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened." This quote is perfect for where I am today. I've cried rivers when they shut down the entire R&D of St. Jude Medical here in Sweden. It was my second home and the people I learned to know there was my second family. In some of them I've found friends for life. I have finally come to the point where I am not crying any more. Yes, it's over, but everything happens for a reason. Maybe it was time for me to see something different, something new. And yes, St. Jude is gone but my friends are not. After all, they are those who made the place special. And they are still here, enriching my life. So... yes... I can look forward now. And when I think back, I do it with a smile. Just as Dr. Seuss said :-)

Here is how the layout turned out.


I have mostly used OA Sidewalks but I added a tiny little touch of old Modern Homemaker and even older Road Map.


I printed the quote on a Jenni Bowlin journaling card and cut it in stripes.


I framed the page with stripes cut from the Marbles paper which I adhered using 3d dots. This little One Way sign felt perfect here. Forward is the only way to go now.


Thanks a bunch for visiting me today! I hope you enjoyed your stay ;-)

21 comments:

Zarah said...

Goooorgeous, much?!
Jäkelens, flicka lilla, du är så snygg att jag tappar andan! Det är LOn också, faktiskt. Win/win, liksom! :D

Denise Price said...

I love the way you framed your LO! Sorry about St. Jude closing, but it sounds like you have a great attitude about moving forward and hanging on to the happy memories.

pruts said...

oooooh again so great !!!!
love the way you create !!!!!

Sam Wright said...

Stunning layout. Not sure what R&D is but sorry youve been sad **HUGS**

Rachael Funnell said...

Again you have ME WOWING!!!
WOW! Such a TOTALLY DELIGHTFUL layout Alex.... Love this Quote & The Design of this Layout!!

danni reid. said...

brilliant, brilliant, love this so, so much my friend♥

Sherri said...

aww...sounds like you've come out all the other side changed, and ready to begin a new chapter. sweet layout Alex. Those mulit-coloured paint splatters are divine!

Kate Vickers said...

Great layout, Alex! I love the message. I love the fussy cutting.

Jody said...

This is amazing! I love the boarder that you cut out of the pp and the strips of words - so eclectic and fun!

Marinette said...

What a gorgeous layout!! Love everything about it♥♥ Those bright colors are just perfect with this sooooo beautiful girl that you are!

Anabelle O'Malley said...

I absolutely adore this. The colors are wonderful and I love the chevron!

Annika said...

Gorgeous!! I LOVE the design! A winner!

Deanna said...

oh Alex I simply ADORE this one!

Lilith Eeckels said...

You look amazing and your layout is just STUNNING! LOVE everything about it!!!!!!

scrappin_in_AK said...

ha - I just used that quote on my card - love it. What a pretty page - love the border

Hilde/Scoobie said...

Jeg vbare digger hvordan du har klart å sette så mange små biter sammen til en helhet - fantastisk!

Danielle said...

Great challenge, right? Love your layout with this quote and the story behind it.

Carol said...

this is so fun! love all the happy colors ;)

Fleursbydesign said...

Love the frame around the edge of the layout, so beautiful :)

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Stunning!!! Love the colours and design and how cool are those multi-coloured paint dots! So cool!!!

Pam said...

i adore this so much! fabulous photo of you and great colors!!! love it!