Pages

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Pretty Vernal Colors

Don't you love spring? I know I do! I need sunlight to feel alive. Winter always makes me feel tired and all grey. But spring... spring brings back the pink to my cheeks! :-) Last year I couldn't handle all the spring feelings I usually get this time of the year. They took over at the expense of my scrap time. I was out running or taking long walks. I was cleaning, throwing away hidden junk, polishing windows. I was planning our summer vacation. I totally forgot to scrap! I'll try to keep my passion for pretty papers alive this time. It's become too important to me. Consistency, Alex. Consistency.

I saw this pretty color challenge over at Crate's blog, I pulled out my Crate stash and came up with this:


These are the color palettes (this time they had two to choose from):



It was okay to use all four colors, which was exactly what I did. I have mixed Crate Random, Peppermint and Emma's Shoppe.

The layout is about Linnea's love for birds. She has never been afraid of them, not even of the huge Canada Goose. She enjoys feeding them, something we try to do every winter. She wants to get really close to them and I'm sure she would be the happiest girl in the world if they let her pat them :-)


I did my title in Photoshop. I used the same heart brush from the title to make all these hearts. I printed them on patterned paper and then cut them out.


Sigh... Imagine how much easier my life would be if only I had a Cameo! ;-) 

I feel sooooo inspired! I could scrap constantly 24/7 if only the life would allow. Tonight maybe... Thank you so much for taking your time to stop by! I LOVE and appreciate all the sweet comments you are leaving behind you. 

15 comments:

Zarah said...

Shitt påmm schattå! SÅ jäkla läckert! ÄLSKAR den här!

Marinette said...

Gorgeous as usual! You always have such great design on your LO's♥

Aga said...

This looks fabulous Alex! I've discovered your blog thanks to Katja's award and am loving your gorgeous style :)

Jody said...

I love all the little hearts and of course the black paint splats - my fave! The Crate challenge is great...I am on my way now to start a project with it...thanks for the inspiration to get "going"!

pinkalishious said...

wow loved the layerd up photo, im trying to achieve that look too, but yours looks fabtastic & the popped hearts xx

Deanna said...

LOVin' those colors, Alex. And the hearts too! Such a great LO!

Carol said...

super cute!!! i really want to get on that challenge too ;)

Lilith Eeckels said...

AMAZING , this is one FABULOUS deisgn!

Sherri said...

Those layered strips, and the typing right on the photo, love! Great take on the challenge.

Danielle said...

You rocked this challenge, girl!! Love the colors, the layering and the hearts. Fabulous design!

scrappin_in_AK said...

love the title work on your phot and the design of your page

Andrea Amu said...

Absolutely perfect, Alex!
Love the hearts!

Elena Stefanidou said...

Αlex,thank you very much for your sweet comment.I have visited your blog numerous times in the past and the truth is that i really liked it.
The crate color combo is amazing this month and i wish you good luck with that.Your layout is fabulous.see you.

Monique Liedtke said...

Just as wonderful as always!! You always awe me with your gorgeous pages! Love the layering under your photo!! And thank you soooo much for your sweet comment on my blog. You made my day :) !!

Katja Schneider said...

Love the layering under the photo! Beautiful page!