Pages

Saturday, June 8, 2013

I made a clock!

I wanted to make something different; not a layout and not a card. It is a new and scary world for me! We don't have a single wall clock downstairs, so I decided to make one. This is how it turned out.


I have made the front of the clock using some American Crafts goodies. I loved how the sheet with the die cut pennants looked, so I used the whole sheet as it was. The banner "I honestly ♥ every second" was the piece that inspired me from the beginning. It felt perfect here.


A rub-on from Amy Tangerine felt great together with sketched and cut numbers.


I adhered the decorated front to a canvas. You could make your own frame, but I was lazy and I already had a canvas at home. It was perfect because of it hollow back, leaving the room for the actual clock mechanism.


I realize now that I should have taken a picture of the back too :-) But it's really easy. I have used a tiny clock mechanism from a hobby store.

This is how the clock looks hanging on the wall. Not sure if you can see it, but the colors go really nice together with the wallpaper in my hallway ;-)


I hope you feel inspired to make your own clock ;-)
Thanks for peeking in today!

2 comments:

SamSam said...

such a creative altered project! love love love

Monique Liedtke said...

LOVE!!!!