Pages

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Paper Issues: Let's get Persnickety!

We have a new issue for you on the Paper Issues' blog! It's called "Let's get Persnickety!" and it is sponsored by Persnickety Prints. Go and check it out. Persnickety Prints is giving away a $25 gift certificate to one lucky winner. It could be you!

The issue is all about Instagram photos and fussy cutting. I love them both! This time, I wanted to create a card so I went for fussy cutting. I made this card using Lily Bee's June card sketch.


I made it for a friend and when my daughter saw it she said: "You must like your friend very much". I guess that means that she likes my card :-) And yes, she is right... I do like my friend very much!


I have used the Sweet Shoppe collection from Lily Bee. I've been longing to play with it! I cut the sun rays from a paper with mini chevron pattern. I thought of rays the second I saw it!


I also cut out strawberries from one of the papers. They are so cute! And they got even cuter carried by these little wood veneer birds!


Believe it or not, but I can't sew! I have no idea how to handle a sewing machine.. It kind of scares me! But I do love to see stitching on other people's projects. So I decided to cheat and use my Cameo and my Silhouette sketch pens to draw stitches ;-) I like how it turned out.

So, what are you waiting for? I am sure you have something that fits the team that you can share with us! Jump over to Paper Issues and link it up! I can't wait to see it!

Thanks for stopping by!


2 comments:

Monique Liedtke said...

Gorgeous card Alex!!

Ashley Horton said...

This is an adorable card Alex!! The Lily Bee is so cute and the Cameo stitching turned out fab!!