Pages

Thursday, July 18, 2013

Paper Issues + Lily Bee

Don't get me wrong. I LOVE summer. But you may agree with me, it's not the best time of the year for scrapbooking! I have so many projects in my head that I would love to realize, but days just fly by filled with family activities. There were two things high on my want-to-scrap-list. One: Make something for the latest issue over at Paper Issues. Two: Play with Lily Bee's July sketch challenge. Since I don't have much dedicated scrap time, I decided to combine the two. Here is the result:


The current issue is called Nature Walk and it is sponsored by Pretty Little Studio. You can either make something using the Pretty Little Studiosproducts or something Nature themed. I went for the theme and made a layout about Linnea's first fishing adventure with her grandpa (deda = grandpa in Serbian). I love seeing them together like this. It brings back a lot of memories since that's something I enjoyed doing when I was a little girl; fishing with my dad.


I have used the lovely, summery Pinwheel collection from Lily Bee. Their July sketch is a killer! Love it SO much! I replaced two vertical photos with one horizontal. The third one I replaced with a big heart/arrow that I sketched and cut with my Cameo.


I love all the triangles in the sketch! I wanted to play with triangles for a while now... This was a perfect opportunity to do so.


I am pretty happy with this layout and I hope that I have inspired you to join us over at Paper Issues blog and link up some of your Nature themed or Pretty Little Studio projects. You can win a gift certificate to Pretty Little Studio! 

Thanks for stopping by today!

3 comments:

Ashley Horton said...

Beautiful page Alex!! Love this collection too and the Triangles look fabulous on your page!

Leanne said...

absolutely gorgeous!! I am in love with the triangles!!

Gina Lideros said...

Hi Alex, love all those little triangles. Can't wait to get started with you at Life.Paper.Scrapbook.