Pages

Friday, August 16, 2013

Tilted Crate Paper layout

I saw a post on Crate's blog encouraging us to create a tilted layout. I've noticed the tilted trend and I already wanted to give it a try, so I took a chance and created this.


If you know my work, then you have probably noticed that I love straight lines. Tilting things is against my nature LOL I just couldn't tilt the whole layout, so I kept the edges straight and only tilted the section with the photo. Actually, I kinda cheated... Instead of tilting the photo on my page, I rotated it in Photoshop before I printed it. That way, I could have straight vertical lines and still achieve the tilted look. I like how it turned out.


I still haven't got enough of The Pier :-) Love the ephemera pack, the chipboards, the stickers... Scrapping with The Pier is a pure joy! 


The red border sticker is from the Storyteller collection. All the buttons are also from different older Crate lines. 


Give me a chevron paper and I will pull out my knife...
  

It's a liberating feeling knowing that I have managed to create something that is (partially) tilted! Ha! Thank you Crate Paper for the fun inspiration!

There is still some Pier left in the Paper Issues shop! Grab yours before it's too late! And don't forget to use the code "HELLO" to get 20% off.

Thanks for stopping by today!

4 comments:

Leanne said...

OMGosh!! This is gorgeous!! LOVE it!

Ashley Horton said...

Love it Alex!! Awesome job with the tilt design! I have trouble doing that too, because I love the straight angles! :)

Chantal Vandenberg said...

This is super! I adore it!

Anabelle O'Malley said...

This is gorgeous, Aleks! Love the design!