Pages

Monday, September 2, 2013

Crate Paper - August Creative Weekly Challenge

Hi guys! I am sorry for being a bad blogger. I have had a house full of guests AND a broken photo printer, but I've been scrapping in my head ;-) So as soon as I got a chance (and a new printer!), I made this layout for Crate's August weekly challenge which is all about navy blue and sequins. I had the whole design done in my head, so it took me less than an hour to put it together. It would have taken me less than 20 minutes if only my design didn't involve thousands of blue little sequins ;-)


I have mixed Crate's The Pier and Story Teller collections. To cover the chevron pattern with sequins, I used the Glossy Accent. I covered the pattern with pretty thick layer of Glossy Accent and throw lots and lots of sequins over it. After it dried, I shook off those sequins that didn't stick.



The layout is about me right now. About how much I enjoy being at home with my kids, being away from my job. I enjoy it so much that it sometimes scares me. I hope that I will get back in touch with my ambitious side, with the engineer inside me, once it's time to get back to the reality. 


I have signed up for Jill Sprott's Scrapbooking from the Soul workshop over at Two Peas. I can really recommend it to all of you soul scrappers out there. Jill's class reminded me why I started to scrap. I want my layouts to be more than just pretty papers and photos. I want them to tell a story, to mean something. I had that class in mind while creating this layout and I tried to give journaling a lot of space and make it an important part of the overall design.


I love how this layout turned out. It felt important for me to capture and write down these feelings, this story. I hope that Crate will like it too :-)

Are you looking for sequins? Check out the Paper Issues shop. If you are looking for colors that are not listed, contact Cassie and ask her about it. Feel free to use my code ALEX20 to get 20% off your entire order. 

Thanks for stopping by today!

7 comments:

beckyjune said...

This is amazing, Alex- I hope to see you as one of the winners of that challenge!

Angi Barrs said...

Gorgeous page! Love the blue!

Jessica said...

Amazing idea!

Gina Lideros said...

I love your take on the challenge Alex. All of those navy blue sequins are so pretty!

yyam said...

Wow. Those sequins make this page very eye-catching Alex! :)

Leanne said...

Oh my sequins!! Such a gorgeous page..x

Macarena said...

Simplemente perfecto ! Que preciosidad ! Te felicito! Un besito @macaliu instagram
http://mirinconcitodearteceuta.blogspot.com.es/?m=0
Besitosssss