Pages

Monday, September 16, 2013

OMG! She can write!!!

When my OA girlie Nicole Harper asked me if I wanted to make a layout for the Sunday sketch over at Studio Calico, I was over the moon of excitement! I instantly knew what I wanted to make, but God did I struggle! I think I wanted too much. I admit, I was really nervous about going up on the SC blog. Reeeeally nervous. It took me days to finish my layout! I kinda like the result though :-) Here it is:


The layout is about my daughter learning to write. All the sudden, her little notes started to pop-up all over the house. Seeing the first one, the black one saying "Flea market open", was a real OMG moment for me. We've been practicing, but I had no idea she got it :-)


I have used the Travel Girl collection from October Afternoon. I punched the OMG from one of the papers using the Epiphany Crafts round 25 shape. The sheet with alpha stickers felt perfect as a background.


The note above I found on her door. It says: "Knock on Linnea's door". LOL! Already? She just turned 5! 

You can see the sketch I used and read more about my interpretation on the Studio Calico's blog. I hope you feel inspired to play along! 

Thanks for stopping by today! 
EDIT: I am linking up this layout to the "The World is a Circle" issue over at Paper Issues.

6 comments:

Leanne said...

such a beautiful LO! And a wonderful memory to scrap..x

Shellye McDaniel said...

Awww what a great idea for a page! You did an amazing job, Alex :)

Crisann said...

love this page! it's amazing!

yyam said...

Oooooh....such a sweet page! :)

katslittlepassion said...

so beautiful!

Jessica said...

Thats amazing!