Wednesday, February 12, 2014

October Afternoon: Cool Colors

Hi guys! Hope you are having a great week!

I just wanted to share a layout I had on the October Afternoon blog this week. I made it for a fun challenge by Amy Heller. The challenge was to use warm or cool color palettes. You can see Amy's post here.

I pulled out my Silent Night collection and played with the cool palette. Here is the result.


I love this photo of my kids ♥ Linnea will take every single chance she gets to hug and kiss Adrian. Not that he is complaining....


I cut all the hearts with my Cameo and filled the page with them. 

(Ha! I filled the page! I just have to link this layout up to the current "Fill 'er up" issue over at Paper Issues! Do you have any projects to link up? I am sure you do! Do it for your chance to win a $20 GC to the store!)


I don't use twine a lot. But it felt perfect here. I used it to add a subtle touch of black to the layout.


Some of the hearts, I adhered using 3D dots to add more dimension. I added little accents to the same hearts, such as little pink heart shaped pop drops and black tidbits.


That would be all for this time :-)
Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Leanne said...

OMGoodness! THis is simply stunning!!! LOVE every little detail...x :)